Preventing screensaver when playing movie?

Erik esigra at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 06:12:13 PST 2008

Lubos Lunak skrev:
> On ne 2. března 2008, Erik wrote:
>
>> We actually found a way: XResetScreenSaver
>>

> That's what I meant by the internal X screensaver. But I don't know if this will also prevent DPMS from suspending the monitor
Works on my laptop, where DPMS is the only kind of screensaver I use and
need.

> and it's a question if xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver or any other possible screensaver react on it, so I suggest you check this.

If those target the X11 platform, they must work with XResetScreenSaver
(report it as a bug otherwise). Everything else would just be insane. It
is not realistic that every media player has to be compatible with every
screensaver. That would cause a combinatorial explosion of depencencies.
The only sane thing to do is that each media player just calls
XResetScreenSaver and every screensaver works with that.