Preventing screensaver when playing movie?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sun Mar 2 05:54:17 PST 2008

On ne 2. března 2008, Erik wrote:
> Lubos Lunak skrev:
> >>
> >> Is there a safe key to send? Or some even better way? I want it to be
> >> implement as an API call in SDL, so that all SDL programs can use it. It
> >> is not a good idea to depend on KDE or GNOME since SDL depends on X11
> >> but not KDE or GNOME.
> >
> >  I'm not aware of any universal way that'd work everywhere.
>
> We actually found a way: XResetScreenSaver

 That's what I meant by the internal X screensaver. But I don't know if this
will also prevent DPMS from suspending the monitor, and it's a question if
xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver or any other possible screensaver react on
it, so I suggest you check this.

 And, since this 'how do I prevent the screensaver' question turns up rather
often, if really just this call works, it'd be useful for others if you
posted a reply saying so.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz