Max resolution of Intel Graphics Chipsets

Mon Jun 30 16:18:04 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I am looking for a solution where I can connect two TFT's of 1440x900,
and display different images on those TFT's.

Most Intel chipsets support two independent outputs, but it seems that
the internal framebuffer is the limiting factor here. I would need
2880x900 or 1440x1800 (the layout is not important).

For example, do I understand correct that for example the Intel 915
chipset does support two outputs of 1440x900 (or even larger), but that
the internal framebuffer only can be 2048x1536?

I checked several Intel chipsets and they all seem to be "limited" to
2048x1536. Are there Intel chipsets that can do for example 2048x2048,
so it can fit a 1440x1800 resolution?

TIA,

Erwin Rol