XvMC and Intel G33

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jun 30 15:56:48 PDT 2008

Zhenyu Wang wrote

>> Does your log have a line like "[XvMC] i915_xvmc driver initialized"?
>> My G33 died last week, I haven't tried to run it recently.
>
> No, nothing like that as far as I can see.  I'm attaching the complete
> contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log now, maybe you can spot something out of the
> ordinary?
>
>> Current driver doesn't require to manually set libIntelXvMC.so path any
>> more.
>
> Okay.  I'll leave it at the default ("libXvMC.so.1") then.

Try playing your file using mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmepg12mc ( or some of
the other filters listed by 'mplayer -vc help')

Note that xvmc only works for surfaces (frames) up to 720x568 in
size....Well it *does* work above that size, but something else is
munged and the picture is overlaid and pixelated with a bright green
image. Nobody seems to know what causes this.. At least, no-one has
jumped forward with an answer.. Zhenyu has done great work on xvmc but
this is NOT xvmc and I don't think he gets paid to play with this even
though he does work for Intel!

Geoff