Summary (Was Re: Resolution indpendence)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jun 30 12:39:31 PDT 2008

Le lundi 30 juin 2008 à 11:23 -0700, Mohan Parthasarathy a écrit :

> - Screens as high as 200 dpi are appearing. OLPC and embedded devices
>   are reaching high dpi. Look at HTC black diamond with 260 dpi

And laptops are eating the desktop market.
And the thing about laptops, is you can't really grow their physical
dimensions or they're no longuer portable.

So either harware manufacturers provide laptops with higher density
screens to justify their price, or they low-cost taiwanese eepcs eat it
all. I know what solution I'd prefer were I a manufacturer. But it all
depends on the software guys getting their stuff right.

--
Nicolas Mailhot