Resolution indpendence

Jesse Ruffin jesse at eloquentpeasant.net
Sat Jun 28 02:45:57 PDT 2008

On Saturday 28 June 2008 03:00:57 Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> That's not the point of getting correct DPI for desktop publishing.  The
> point is, viewing your document at 100% in Scribus, then also printing
> it on paper and putting the paper on your LCD screen, do they match?  If
> not, you are using the wrong DPI.

My point is that if you are using a program like Scribus you can design your documents with impunity. If you print it at the same size and it doesn't match the size shown you can adjust the zoom factor to compensate. I'm legally blind and I'm perfectly comfortable with adjusting my zoom levels to get a better idea of my layout anyway.

It's not as if everyone views the page from the same distance anyway.

Please note however that the conclusion of my message is that having an accurate DPI does matter, and should be implemented.

Sincerely,
Jesse Ruffin