ATI Radeon X1650 Pro problem

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jun 26 11:41:35 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:19:03AM -0700, Mohan Parthasarathy wrote:
> I installed ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. To get it started, i downloaded the ATI
> propreitary driver from
> their site (fglrx_drv). It worked fine though i see a number of errors in
> the Xorg0.log.

Unfortunately we can't support the proprietary driver for obvious
reasons.  Please try contacting ATI if you really must use the
proprietary driver, or just use the normal open source radeon driver
that ships with all current distributions, like Fedora 9, or whatever
the latest Ubuntu release is (8.04?).

Cheers,
Daniel