xorg build problems: dtrace script

Thu Jun 19 07:00:44 PDT 2008

Chuck Robey wrote:
> Asking on the FreeBSD-current mailing list got me a referenmce to a mail by John
> Birrel, a recent one, howing that they have disabled dtrace in ALL of their X
> ports (not only amd64, x86 also).  I would suggest that it makes a lot more
> sense, temporarily, for the xorg build to block this directly, for all FreeBSD.

Yeah, I got a similar response from him on the dtrace list I asked, since
the FreeBSD port doesn't yet support user-space probes.    Had they reported
to us that they needed such a patch, we could have had it made upstream by
now, but your mail was the first I heard there was a problem.

Do you have a pointer to the patch they used?

Otherwise, without access to a FreeBSD machine, I'm guessing we just need to
add a line like:

	freebsd*) WDTRACE="no" ;;

To this section of configure.ac:

dnl Darwin 9 has dtrace, but it doesn't support compilation into ELF...
if test "x$WDTRACE" = xauto; then
        case $host_os in
                darwin*) WDTRACE="no" ;;
        esac