question of Xinput priorities

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 13:26:58 PDT 2008

Chuck Robey wrote:
> So, either I need to just move most of the stuff I would have stuck into the
> PreInit part into the later area, or maybe find some way to get the Xinput to
> suspend it's initialization until there's input waiting.
I'm not an expert at this, but as you say you should think twice on what
exactly needs tbd in init/preinit/enable. I guess it's not terribly
wrong to alter e.g. AxisInfo.min_value just after you got the first
packet. This should enable you to postpone some of init. Blocking in
device init is not what you want, really.
As an alternative, you can resort to configuration instead of guessing.
AFAIK at least synaptics has such options.

Good luck!

-Simon