Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Sun Jun 15 14:45:33 PDT 2008

Quoting Ben Skeggs <skeggsb at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 18:45 -0300, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade
> wrote:
>> > git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/nouveau/mesa gallium-0.1 branch
>> >
>> > No DRI2, and currently no support as we know there's lots of issues :)
>>   Does this also mean it will only work with X Server server-1.4-branch?
> Correct.  However, this isn't entirely our fault.  Our gallium-0.1
> branch is just a mirror of the main one, with our drivers thrown into
> the mix; so it lacks support for the latest changes.  Recently some work
> has been done on a gallium-0.1-dri2 branch which brings gallium into
> line with recent DRI changes, I'll likely merge it into the nouveau tree
> at some point soon.

  I compiled it with mostly default parameters (linux-dri target and using
make, not scons), from the nouveau/mesa gallium-0.1 branch.

  For anything that doesn't use lightnings or textures, a bit slow,
but seems good :-)

  I tested a few mesa demos, at least bound and glxgears seens to be
correct, but most of the others are like black&white.

  glxinfo says it is accelerated, and apparently Xorg starts correctly.

>>   Is there some chance it will work with current mesa's master, and
>> the new "--enable-ttm-api"?
> Nope, and the gallium drivers don't live in master anyway :)
>

>>   I really don't have much of an idea of the difficulty of making it work
>> with mesa master, but maybe it is something that would be worth it, as most
>> distros should soon ship it (or something very close to current mesa master)
>> and server 1.5.
>>
>>   I will try to build the nouveau/mesa gallium branch and use it with a
>> 1.4 X Server..
>>
>> > Cheers,
>> > Ben.

  I am attaching glxinfo and Xorg.0.log, and a screenshot of the teapot
mesa demo, in case it may be useful... Or at least for others that have
interest on it, to have an idea.

Paulo