Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:17:12 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 18:45 -0300, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade
wrote:
> Ben Skeggs wrote:
> >>   You mean one of these mesa branches: gallium-0.1, gallium-0.1-dri,
> >> gallium-0.1-dri2?  I am betting the -dri2 one :-)
> > git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/nouveau/mesa gallium-0.1 branch
> >
> > No DRI2, and currently no support as we know there's lots of issues :)
>   Does this also mean it will only work with X Server server-1.4-branch?
Correct.  However, this isn't entirely our fault.  Our gallium-0.1
branch is just a mirror of the main one, with our drivers thrown into
the mix; so it lacks support for the latest changes.  Recently some work
has been done on a gallium-0.1-dri2 branch which brings gallium into
line with recent DRI changes, I'll likely merge it into the nouveau tree
at some point soon.

>   Is there some chance it will work with current mesa's master, and
> the new "--enable-ttm-api"?
Nope, and the gallium drivers don't live in master anyway :)