Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Jun 12 09:49:46 PDT 2008

In message <1213280812.28032.141.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:03 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Adam Jackson wrote:
> > > There's probably some detail work in the libs I'm forgetting.  Please
> > > remind me.
> >
> > What about the XCB socket handoff stuff?
>
> I have no idea what the socket handoff stuff is about.  Someone want to
> enlighten me?

It's a significant improvement in interoperation between XCB
and Xlib: closes a number of outstanding bugs and enables
some new functionality.  It's new work by Jamey and Josh,
based on a suggestion from Keithp.  They're hoping to
release in the next couple of weeks.

We also hope to release the Python-based replacement code
generator in this timeframe.  This is the long-awaited
replacement for the XSLT code generator, which itself was
the long-awaited replacement for the M4 code generator.  I
miss M4. :-)

If you want to try to synchronize with 7.4 that's fine, but
we hadn't really planned to worry about it...

    Bart