G35: crosstalk from integrated GPU to sound chip

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Sun Jun 8 05:25:32 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am running Debian lenny on a G35 chipset (ASUS P5E-VM HDMI) and I observed
that the sound chip (?) picks crosstalk from the integrated GPU.

It continously picks some noise. When one or several blocks of the screen
change, I can hear a "clack" sound. Also when I run glxgears the noise level
increases significantly.

The noise does not change when I plug off the DVI/HDMI cable at the computer
or when I use a headset instead of the speakers. Thus I think the crosstalk
happens inside the system. The glxgears setup indicates that it has something
todo with the integrated GPU.

Anybody seen something like this before?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/