Querying xkb for the keyboard model

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Sun Jun 1 07:44:25 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:55:30AM -0700, Vinay Reddy wrote:
> I was wondering if there's a way to query xkb about the keyboard model
> of the core keyboard. I took a quick look at the xkb headers (XKB*.h)
> but couldn't find anything.

The _XKB_RULES_NAMES property on the root window contains the XKB model
name, among other things.

I don't know how useful that would be with evdev, which currently
requires that the model always be "evdev".

Regards,
Marius Gedminas
--
Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called hardware; those program instructions that you can only curse