enabling Composite

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Sun Jul 27 16:49:29 PDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:11:09 +0200
"Edwin Smulders" <edwin.smulders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am. I was adviced to use this by a wine developer, at first I
> was using Twinview but this did not report my resolutions correctly. I
> will look in to changing back Twinview tomorrow.
>
> I'm curious though, how could you see that I'm using it?
> Also, did you mean this as something which might fix my problem, or
> just general advice?

This will definitely fix your problem.  Xinerama + Composite do not
work together with the nvidia drivers.  nvidia says this is a
limitation in the xserver.  I'm not sure what, if anything, the Xorg
developers say.

Since Composite was being enabled in your xorg.conf file, but not
showing up in xdpyinfo, the fact that you were using xinerama is the
only logical conclusion, though it took me longer to get to that
conclusion than it should have :-)

Adam

believed to be clean.