Getting tarball for Intel driver 2.3 or 2.4

Eric Buist buisteri at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Jul 19 16:52:53 PDT 2008

Hello,
I am trying to get the source code of the stable Intel X.Org graphic
driver 2.3 or 2.4 to install it under Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. All I can
obtain from http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/ is some sparse
instructions to download it from git. I have tried this, but this gives
me the development release of the driver or the 2.2 driver only. The
only tarball offered on the Web site is 500MB large, while I just need
the 2D driver. I also tried gitweb.freedesktop.org, but it hangs at me
without giving me any result. I would like not to have to use GIT,
because I know nothing about it, and I just want to test with a newer
driver to see if the bug I am experiencing still occurs with this.
Thanks in advance
Eric