cursor handling and updates inside DRM

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 13:07:54 PDT 2008

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Right, and it's actually fairly common in other OSes.  It sounds like the
> biggest chunk of additional code will be dealing with acceleration; I'm not
> sure how complex the latest algorithms are...  Also input transformation is
> an unknown, but it's a bit dubious anyway...
If it's coming that way, OK.
The accel stuff isn't _that_ big. The meat is ~500 LOC, and you can get
comparable precision with less effort.
However for a kernel mechanism, I'd say an arbitrary acceleration
profile (think connecting dots to mod your mouse resonse) is a must-have
IMO. Also, the 'raw' device data should be available in parallel, e.g.
for gesture detection.

Input transform is mainly for absolute devices, if I got that right.