A working set of libdrm, mesa and xorg-server?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 06:51:55 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Michael Verret <michael.verret at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Michael Verret <michael.verret at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been working away at getting the latest or a very recent
>>> combination of a working set of libdrm, mesa and xorg-server from GIT
>>> to compile but I keep running into a roadblock. I either get stopped
>>> at mesa, mesa/progs/demos (I would like to have at the least
>>> mesa/progs/demos/gears) or xserver when one of them halts compiling at
>>> a fatal error.
>>
>> If you can compile the mesa libraries, you should be able to build the
>> demos. Can you show the error you're getting? I have a feeling this is
>> just a shortcoming in the build.
>
> I'm at my day job at the moment so I have no error messages with me.
> My last attempts at a build was basically
>
> cd mesa
> make linux-dri-x86

I would suggest trying out the autoconf build. On linux and freebsd
(and now solaris), it should just DTRT. On linux, configure uses DRI
by default, so you should just be able to "./configure --prefix=...".

> 3. Combinations of release and GIT commits of libdrm (libdrm-2.3.1,
> master & 2_3_0 branch) , mesa (7.1 rc1, master and 7_1_0 branch) and
> xserver (1.4.99.905, master and 1.5 branch) to try to get something
> going.

I think you should be able _build_ any combinations of those. Without
seeing specific failures, I couldn't say any further, though.

--
Dan