A working set of libdrm, mesa and xorg-server?

Michael Verret michael.verret at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 06:25:57 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Michael Verret <michael.verret at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been working away at getting the latest or a very recent
>> combination of a working set of libdrm, mesa and xorg-server from GIT
>> to compile but I keep running into a roadblock. I either get stopped
>> at mesa, mesa/progs/demos (I would like to have at the least
>> mesa/progs/demos/gears) or xserver when one of them halts compiling at
>> a fatal error.
>
> If you can compile the mesa libraries, you should be able to build the
> demos. Can you show the error you're getting? I have a feeling this is
> just a shortcoming in the build.

I'm at my day job at the moment so I have no error messages with me.
My last attempts at a build was basically

cd mesa
make linux-dri-x86

>> To rule out that it is an error on my part that I have
>> not correctly prepared my system with a good set of supporting libs &
>> apps can someone please list a set of libdrm, mesa and xorg-server GIT
>> commits known to play nicely? A set of tarballs would be even sweeter
>> working for me in regards to a near xorg-7.4.
>
> If you're targetting xorg-7.4 (i.e., xorg-server-1.5), then I would
> try libdrm-2.3.1, mesa master (this will become mesa- 7.1 soon) and
> xserver server-1.5-branch.
>
> --
> Dan

That was one of the combinations I tried after reading various emails
on the subject such as
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-June/036677.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-July/036738.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-July/036892.html

The best information I can give atm the moment is my build sequence:

1. Build packages based on the build order listed here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/tree/build.sh

2. Build only the packages listed here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/tree/module-list.txt +
items missing as described in error messages if the errors were fatal.

3. Combinations of release and GIT commits of libdrm (libdrm-2.3.1,
master & 2_3_0 branch) , mesa (7.1 rc1, master and 7_1_0 branch) and
xserver (1.4.99.905, master and 1.5 branch) to try to get something
going.

 Some of the above is from memory so it may be a little inaccurate in
regards to the branch names. I'll comeback with more information.

Thanks,
Michael