Question about synaptics driver

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed Jul 2 02:26:46 PDT 2008

>> use, e.g., "synclient -m 100" to verify this. However, when I place
>> a second finger on the pad, the f value goes up by one, while the
>> coordinate stays the same. In fact, I always get the back the
>> coordinates from the last finger.
> Not that I know of.  It seems that your touchpad is just "trying to be
> smart", so that it avoids having the mouse jump when the second finger
> touches down.
Yes, I know - however, it is exactly that jump which I am trying to detect.
I vaguely remember something about all advanced features being disabled
when you access the touchpad via standard PS/2 protocol. What would I have
to do to try that? Just replace "synaptics" with "mouse" in my xorg.conf?

Yours, Florian
--
"_Nothing_ brightens up my morning. Coffee simply provides a shade of
grey just above the pitch-black of the infinite depths of the _abyss_."