[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-nv 2.1.10

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Jul 1 07:39:06 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 04:32:08PM +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:

> Urgs, now that is dirty. I give it a try nonetheless :-)
>
> Who implemented this grave hack? Some thread of problem discussion
> somewhere?

Me. The copy of the video BIOS in the c000 segment is patched at POST to
prevent it being reexecuted (as it may make calls into system BIOS code
that no longer exists), so we need to run the stashed copy. The
information I have is that this is safe for g80 - it certainly doesn't
seem reliable on older hardware. No clue about g90 yet.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org