New guy with Intel 965 issues

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Jan 20 22:20:53 PST 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008 09:37, Rémi Cardona set 1,000 monkies in front of
keyboards and the following appeared:

> > Hi Jesse, thanks for the reply. Hmm well now my i915 module seems to be
> > though it's loaded (normal?). Something I just noticed in my X log, DRI
> > is trying to open a device in /dev/dri, but I don't have anything at all
> > in /dev/dri (and this is while X is running)......anyway, here ya go:
>
> Does Slackware use udev? Is it properly configured?
>
> Just random thoughts as this is indeed really weird.

	Yep, it uses udev. As far as I know, all is well with it....I see it starting
on boot, and all my other devices seem to be ok (well, my sound is still
silent with the included drives, but I believe that's an entirely separate
issue). Anything in particular I should look for?

Matt