Intel G35 chipset: screen stays black

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sat Jan 19 10:33:59 PST 2008

On Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:33 am Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an ASUS P5E board with an Intel G35 chipset with a X3500 graphics
> core and an HDMI output. I drive with the HDMI output a DVI input of an
> EIZO L767.
>
> That works well with the VESA driver.
>
> To get better 3D performance, I tried the intel driver but was not
> successful. The screen stays black, but it seems X comes up. Judging after
> the output of ps, I can even login and KDE apps get started.
>
> Since I have not a good idea what to check, I attach
>
> - Xorg.0.log
> - xorg.conf
> - the ouput of lspci -v
>
> In xorg.conf I have the dummy monitor because of
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-December/031202.html
>
> There is no difference without the dummy monitor though.

Yeah, looks like the driver is even getting EDID data, which is good.  IIRC
there's at least one similar bug filed, but it's sporadic, not consistent
like you report.  Can you file a new bug for your issue?  It sounds like
we're not setting the mode correctly on HDMI outputs or something...

Thanks,
Jesse