GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap disfunctional in XServer from GIT

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Jan 18 07:10:36 PST 2008

On Jan 18, 08 09:27:37 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> Are you setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 before running compiz?  compiz
> is not a wrapper script on opensuse (which is what it appears you're

No, but it calls itself again linked against
/usr/$LIB/libIndirectGL.so.1 (a dri-free Mesa library) if the first open
failed. Which it did here.
Background: /usr/lib/libGL.so might not have the necessary support for
the extensions, e.g. when using the fglrx driver.

> > I just checked out a GIT clone of the actual X.Org server, compiled it
> > using the modular build script and tested.
> > The server runs fine except one thing:
> >
> > Neither compiz nor kwin (from KDE4) seem to get along quite well with
> > the GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap extension.

Do you have AIGLX activated? W/o Xgl you need AIGLX or the NVIDIA
drivers (with that hardware only, of course).

> > compiz says:
> >
> > compiz: Trying '/usr/$LIB/libIndirectGL.so.1'
> > compiz (core) - Fatal: Root visual is not a double buffered GL visual
> > compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
> > compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0
> >
> > while xwininfo -root tells me, that it is double buffered:

You have to check glxinfo. This is about OpenGL double buffering.

> >    visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
> >  id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
> > 0x21 16 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
> > 0x22 16 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
> > 0x56 32 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None

Ah, you're running on a 16bit visual. I have no idea whether this has
ever been tested. Also, the number of available visuals seems extremely
limited. Also, there is no stencil buffer available.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de