Call for community testers for intel driver

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Fri Jan 18 04:08:15 PST 2008

		Hiya.

Jin, Gordon wrote:
> We Intel Graphics driver team would like to make closer relationship
> with community users and calling for interested users (including OSV
> engineers) to join a new community testing program.

Splendid.

> So if you would like to make contribution, welcome to register the
> membership by sending the below information to me by email:
> - Chipset (e.g. 855GM, 915G, G35, ...)

intel 945GM (Dell latitude D820)
====================================
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00
[VGA controller])
         Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 01cc
         Memory at eff00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
         I/O ports at eff8 [size=8]
         Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
         Memory at efec0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
         Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit-
Queue=0/0 Enable-
         Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
====================================

intel 965GM (Dell latitude D830)
====================================
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
         Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 01fe
         Memory at fea00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
         Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
         I/O ports at eff8 [size=8]
         Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit-
Queue=0/0 Enable-
         Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 3
====================================

> - Machine model, laptop/desktop

Dell latitude D820 (laptop)
Dell latitude D830 (laptop)

> - Monitor model (including TV), connection type used (VGA, DVI, HDMI,
> S-video, component ...)

LVDS on both D820 and D830

> - Driver version
usually git-head (now 2008-01-07)
additionally, right now we use the drm kernel modules included
in kernel 2.6.23.14; goal is to use all-git, but drm-modules from
2008-01-07 git make glxgears+<custom-glx-app> crash xorg.

> - OS
bclinux  (small distribution tailored to application needs, based on (B)LFS)
linux kernel used: 2.6.23.14  (subject to constant change, normally
current stable kernel release)

Already tested ABAT-20070619.tgz on 965GM+945GM:
when used from inside a kde session, it passes all fine and skips one
(xstart, I'd guess). Afterwards, all is OK.

when used by itself, it passes all tests and skips none; unfortunately I
had to execute the abat.sh via ssh to get to know this, as the display
is seriously hosed afterwards.
(LVDS turned off, so no consoles visible; when vbetool-reviving it, it
shows rests of the xorg once present, but doesn't reset to be able to
display the consoles..)

		greets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion