Election Results

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Jan 17 22:48:30 PST 2008

The X.Org Foundation Board Election process is now complete.
We on the Election Committee testify that it was conducted
according to the organization's Bylaws and to the best of
our ability.

A total of 42 of the 117 current Members of the X.Org
Foundation voted, which is in excess of the 25% required by
the Bylaws.  Voters ranked the nominees.  The rankings were
evaluated according to the Borda count method
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borda_count), which for each
ballot in this six-person election assigned the
highest-ranked candidate six points, the next-highest five
points, and so forth.

The nominees elected by the Membership to serve a two-year
term on the X.Org Foundation Board are as follows:

    * Adam Jackson (174 points)
    * Eric Anholt (135 points)
    * Matthieu Herrb (132 points)
    * Carl Worth (122 points)

Not elected were:

      Stuart Kreitman (121 points)
      Stuart Anderson (113 points)

For calendar year 2008, the X.Org Foundation Board will
consist of the newly-elected board members, plus continuing
board members Egbert Eich, Bart Massey, Keith Packard, and
Daniel Stone.

Those of us on the Election Committee of the X.Org
Foundation Board of Directors extend our sincere thanks to
all of the Board Members who are now stepping down.  We are
extremely grateful for your ongoing devotion to the
development and promotion of the X Window System.  We also
would like to thank all of those who were willing candidates
for a Board position in this particularly close election.
We hope that all of you will continue to help out with
X.Org, and will consider seeking service on the Board in the
future.

    Bart Massey <bart at cs.pdx.edu>
    on behalf of the Election Committee,
    X.Org Foundation Board of Directors