Call for community testers for intel driver

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Thu Jan 17 04:43:46 PST 2008

Hi all,

We Intel Graphics driver team would like to make closer relationship
with community users and calling for interested users (including OSV
engineers) to join a new community testing program.

Background:
The main reason is that Intel team is not able to cover all hardware
configurations hence not able to reproduce or verify some bugs as:
-- some platforms are not covered by Intel validation team, mostly i8xx.
-- some bugs only appear on some specific models (e.g. bug#11103).
-- some bugs only appear on some specific monitors.
-- some hardware configurations (like TV-out) are not fully covered by
our limited hardware for testing.

Expectation:
Since we are focused on the latest upstream driver development, the
community members are expected to be able to use the latest driver and
build git driver preferred.
When we announce driver release candidate to community, we'll CC members
so they will be notified directly. It will be good for the members to
test the release candidate driver to assure the quality of release
driver on that platform/model.

Action:
So if you would like to make contribution, welcome to register the
membership by sending the below information to me by email:
- Chipset (e.g. 855GM, 915G, G35, ...)
- Machine model, laptop/desktop
- Monitor model (including TV), connection type used (VGA, DVI, HDMI,
S-video, component ...)
- Driver version
- OS
- Any other hardware accessories, e.g. SDVO card model or TV cables.

We'll organize this program on http://intellinuxgraphics.org with
joined member name listed, so please also let me know if you don't want
your personal info (e.g. email address) published.

We'll also hold an irc channel named 'intel-gfx' on freenode.net for
intel
graphics driver specific discussion. Everyone can join.

Best regards
Intel OTC Graphics Team