order of XV ports

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Fri Jan 11 04:12:53 PST 2008

Hi folks,

on my i945GM board, the Intel driver provides 2 XV ports: one using
textured video, and a second one using video overlay. The first port
only gives tearing video, possibly due to not working vsync. The second
port works fine.

I can change the settings of the corrensponding applications (for
example -vo xv:port=89 in mplayer), or patch the source where the
application doesn't have such a setting, but it would be much simplier
for me to just disable the textured video XV port, or change the order
so that the video overlay XV port comes first.

Is this possible without patching the Intel driver? If yes, how?

Regards,
Tino