A strange problem

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Wed Jan 9 05:00:52 PST 2008

sshachar at t2.technion.ac.il wrote:
Hi s,

I'd first clear the network issue path by using ping -f and netcat or
[your toolchain] to check behaviour during normal and nonfunctional
times. Provided you use a network.

startx and display depth should not be related. I use startx since
years. IPv6 depends on wether you are actually using it, i.e. I wouldn't
worry about that if there is no clear indication I should. lsof -i6 may
be helpful.

Hope this helps,

simon