A question about using cursors...

S. J. van Harmelen svh at dds.nl
Mon Jan 7 02:32:11 PST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering how I can change the default X mouse pointer (the cross)
to something different such as the left_ptr.

I know of the xsetroot tool, but I use thinstation for some of our
clients and these use some scripts to start a few things (one after another) from the console. Like a Citrix session and a xwChoice menu.

Now I can use the xsetroot tool, but then I have to enter the xsetroot command every time a new app begins. And for the xwChoice app it is not possible to script the use of xsetroot because the script stops when executing xwChoice, waiting for an answer.

So how should I change the default? Do I have to change it in the sourcecode or is there another way

Thanks!!

Sander