Xorg 7.4 release plan

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 08:05:54 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 11:09 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> >  pciaccess is not done.  We still have ~20 drivers that haven't been
> >  ported, and some of them are not quite trivial to convert.  This needs a
> >  champion in a serious way.  I'm convinced enough of pciaccess' value
> >  that I don't intend to revert it for 7.4, but we need to make progress
> >  here.
>
> Do we have an official stance on ISA support?

Worse than Hitler.

Just drop it from the ifdef-pciaccess code, no one cares.  In any event
the only sane thing to do for ISA detection is stick it in the kernel,
at which point you can use fbdev or drmfb or whatever.  The ISA support
is already gone from the pciaccess version of the vesa driver so it's
not like there's no precedent here.

This means, I suppose, that the vga driver is dead.  Yay for that!

- ajax