Xorg 7.4 release plan

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:02:35 PST 2008

>  pciaccess is not done.  We still have ~20 drivers that haven't been
>  ported, and some of them are not quite trivial to convert.  This needs a
>  champion in a serious way.  I'm convinced enough of pciaccess' value
>  that I don't intend to revert it for 7.4, but we need to make progress
>  here.

Okay we now should have less drivers, my pciaccess conversion are
enough to make it build in all cases they are untested,
and more than likely broken, in only the chips case did I implement
the extra pci probing function, if people want autodetect and stuff to
work
they'll need to do a bit more work on each driver.

The only driver I haven't touched is glint,  because glint is complete
crack in terms of how those cards were designed, I'd have to do glint
either with hardware or at least
with a clearer brain than I have now after converting the others...

So I think it only leaves glint and AMD not building in the tinderbox
now, I'm to try and get as many of these as possible into the Fedora 9
Beta release and see what sort of fallout
I get from it all.. from experience so far I'm gonna guess they'll all
break, but at least a non-programmer can help debug it now...

Dave.