State of X - Google Tech Talk

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 04:26:14 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 16:56 +0530, JoJo jojo wrote:
> Okay,

> The audience was completely irrelevant, they were complaining about
> device drivers not working etc.
> (and as soon as Q&A began, front seats were empty)

I certainly would have expected better from Google's employees, common
manners to the speakers would have dictated that it wasn't a good
opportunity to ask about _specific_ bugs, nor to keep going on about it
when an answer was given.

I know us "techies" aren't always well renowned for people skills, but
I'd have hoped most know when an appropriate time is / isn't to ask such
questions. I'm sure there would have been time _afterwards_ if these
guys were really wanted a deeper discussion on the topic.

> Do another talk Keith ^_^

Please, please!

I'd be really interested to hear about all the _new_ stuff happening,
like HW accelerated Cairo, redirected GL, the new TTM stuff etc..

Also, more shiny demos.. lots of people in my lab were convinced I ran
Windows Vista with compiz.fusion and a decent theme on my laptop. Others
commented it looked better than Vista ;)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,