State of X - Google Tech Talk

JoJo jojo onetwojojo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:26:37 PST 2008

Okay,

I think the talk served its purpose.

So the next time someone asks him to give an introductory talk, he can just
provide them the youtube *.flv link.
Which means that any talk he gives after that one HAS to be more technical
than that, Good News !!!

The audience was completely irrelevant, they were complaining about device
drivers not working etc.
(and as soon as Q&A began, front seats were empty)

X infrastructure enables stuff like MPX, X multiseat, etc, but its better to
educate about the infrastructure first,
and then move on to what outsiders are doing with X infrastructure. Plus I
don't imagine MPX demo being that
fantastic anyway, Ubuntu MPX demo with multi pointers, but no application
support ? Quake demo was very old.

PPT Vs. ODP
common, the video I downloaded was *.FLV, not flac/theora. besides it is
common usage nowadays,
"word" for word processor, "excel" for spreadsheet, "ppt" for powerpoint
presentations.

Also why let off site googlers join in, just let them catch it on youtube,
or is youtube blocked in their office as well ;-)
Also the CAM job/cinematography reminded us all of tpb Cloverfield ;-) OK
maybe not so much.

Do another talk Keith ^_^

-JoJo