xf86-input-synaptics 0.99.3

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Dec 22 01:17:33 PST 2008

Hi,

'Twas brillig, and Peter Hutterer at 14/12/08 23:45 did gyre and gimble:
> A few compilation issues fixed. Here's another beta that should now work with
> BSD again and with older X servers (INPUT ABI 0).

I have someone using this version of my package and they are reporting
some odd behaviour.

If they start the xserver with a USB mouse plugged in his touchpad does
not work as the module is unloaded with little explanation.

If he waits until the server has started then plugs the mouse in, things
seems to work as expected (e.g. the synaptics works as expected and the
USB is detected when it's running and works fine (using hal+evdev based
hotplug).

Here is a log snippet (server is very similar to Fedora's 1.5.3 package):
http://pastebin.com/m121da6ca

As you can see it gives little explanation.

Any ideas how to debug further?

Machine is a Toshiba Satelite A200 for what it's worth.

Cheers

Col
--

Colin Guthrie