load module problem with X.Org X Server 1.6.99.1

Cliff Lawson cliff at amshold.com
Thu Dec 18 14:32:57 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: xorg-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org
[mailto:xorg-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Jerome Glisse
Sent: 18 December 2008 22:02
To: Florian Lier

>Wild guess you are on ubuntu ? If so install gawk, make distclean in
>xserver and rerun autogen.sh before rebuilding.
>
>Cheers,
>Jerome Glisse

I think you may have also just solved the problem I just posted about
(which is basically the same as this one). On a system where things
worked the config.log said it had found gawk but on the system where it
failed it said it had found mawk instead.

It's a bit sad if it continues to build using mawk if this is known to
cause a build fault.

Cliff
(off to try installing gawk and then rebuilding)

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net