[newb] Will xorg still allow non-hal config?

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Tue Dec 9 20:59:01 PST 2008

Jan Kasprzak escreveu:
> is there a way of using HAL-managed devices in multi-seat X? If yes,
> how can I specify which input device belongs to which seat?
>
> 	I use static devices in Xorg.conf so far, but I would like
> to have it working even after unplugging/replugging the input device.

This is not addressed by the server yet. Currently all devices that have
input.x11_driver set will be added by only one server in a multiseat
environment.

We need to do a hook inside the server to collect the informations
provided by each seat, pairing the input and output devices with the X11
display number. ConsoleKit is a way to go (see ck-list-sessions command).

Cheers,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre