[newb] Will xorg still allow non-hal config?

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Thu Dec 4 00:37:49 PST 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
: http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/12/evdev-xorgconf-hal-and-other-fud.html
:
: That's a quick brain dump of input related things I could think of that are
: repeatedly asked on the list, irc, and bugreports. The information is accurate
: as of git master today and extends to server 1.5 (mostly) and server 1.6.

	Thanks for the explanation. One question, though:

is there a way of using HAL-managed devices in multi-seat X? If yes,
how can I specify which input device belongs to which seat?

	I use static devices in Xorg.conf so far, but I would like
to have it working even after unplugging/replugging the input device.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |