compile xorg1.5.2 then startx, mouse and keyboard can not work

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 9 02:54:26 PST 2008

'Twas brillig, and FloraGui at viatech.com.cn at 09/12/08 08:27 did gyre
and gimble:
>          I compile xorg-1.5.2 in ubuntu8.10, then startx, mouse and
> keyboard can not work, I check it , and found there is some problems
> with HAL. When I compile xorg-1.5.2 I don’t add any parameter, just
> ./autogen.sh –prefix=/usr/local; then make install.
>
>          Does anyone encounter the some problem with me?

Try adding the option "AllowEmptyInput" "on" to your xorg.conf. If you
look in your xorg.log there will probably be a line like:
(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd' or 'mouse' will
be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard1
(WW) Disabling Mouse1

The above mentioned option disables this behaviour.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie