x4500 friendly distro?

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:15:54 PST 2008

Dear all,

I've just ordered a laptop that comes with the latest from intel. It's
an ASUS N20A, based on the montevina platform, all intel. The laptop
seems to be too new for there to be any linux guides on it, so I guess
I'll do my share of guide writing when I get it working alright.

Now, the question is this: Which distro should I install on this
machine to have the best out-of-the-box intel experience. I normally
use Ubuntu, but I see the latest release only comes with the 2.4.1
version of the intel driver, and there's a bunch of bug reports
claiming really poor performance. Would I have better luck with Fedora
10? Or OpenSuse 11.1? Or anything else?

Thanks!

Regards,
Khash.