[newb] Will xorg still allow non-hal config?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 1 05:51:14 PST 2008

Le Lun 1 décembre 2008 14:27, Alan Cox a écrit :

> Look I really don't give a hoot about your personal font politics, but
> trying to bring in bogus technical arguments on the assumption that
> writing a short bit of code to generate bitmap fonts is too hard for
> people is a bit of a joke.

Alan, please, I only wrote that something was currently relying on
manual maintenance, that the number of people doing this manual
maintenance was decreasing, and that the usual result of something
needing to be done and not being done is breakage. These are simple
facts.

It may be that it's easy to write code to replace the current system
with something better but this code is not being written right now and
thus does not change a bit about the current trend.

I'm sorry if stating this offends you.

--
Nicolas Mailhot