It's xrandr again

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Wed Aug 6 13:31:59 PDT 2008

If I read the protocol and API documentation right, when I do

    RRSelectInput(dpy, myWindowX, RROutputChangeNotifyMask);

then I should receive events with XEvent::type == RRNotify and
XRRNotifyEvent::window == myWindowX. However that is not the case in my
tests, please see the attached program. From quickly looking at the
xserver source (git master) I couldn't find anything obviously broken.
But I'm running 1.4.2 so perhaps the bug was fixed in the meantime.

Second issue, the description of the RROutputChangeNotify event in
randrproto.txt mentions a 'root' window (quote: 'root' is the root of
the screen the change occurred on, 'window' is window selecting for this
event.) But the event structure doesn't list any 'root' field. Probably
a left-over from an earlier draft. Please clarify.

thanks
tom