Video controller with TV-out

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 28 03:17:40 PDT 2008

Hi.

I am looking for a video controller with TV-out supported by X.org Free
drivers. Any advice?

The goal is to build a digital video recorder, so XVideo is an absolute
necessity, but accelerated 3D is not necessary. Additionally, I would like
something reasonably cheap and silent. The ideal would be a controller
available as integrated controller on a mini-PC motherboard.

I am quite fond of Intel chips, but I read there are problems with color on
PAL TVs. Is it still true?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George