Bug in XRandR 1.2/Intel

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Thu Apr 24 05:49:58 PDT 2008

I'm running Fedora Core 8 on an ASUS P5K-V, which use the
Intel G33 for graphics.

I notice that when I do an XRRGetCrtcGamma() after starting the server,
instead of returning the current Gamma ramp contents, it returns all zeros.

This is rather unfortunate when my software make some
temporary changes to the gamma ramp (to do display calibration),
then (being a good citizen), returns the gamma ramp to it's previous state.
Naturally at this point, rather than being restored, the display goes
to black !

Is this a known problem ?

thanks,
	Graeme Gill.