Newbie Question

Dan Phung phung at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Apr 23 22:43:41 PDT 2008

hmm, well, some other things to try, from 'man xorg.conf' are:

Display Section

        ViewPort  x0 y0
               This  optional  entry  sets the upper left corner of
the initial
               display.  This is only relevant when the virtual
screen  resolu‐
               tion is different from the resolution of the initial
video mode.
               If this entry is not given, then the  initial
display  will  be
               centered in the virtual display area.

Monitor Section

        Option "Position"  "x y"
               This optional entry specifies the position of the
monitor within
               the X screen.  (RandR 1.2-supporting drivers only)