Getting widescreen resolution on my widescreen LCD tv

Hamish hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Mon Apr 14 03:31:01 PDT 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008 06:47:48 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I have a Maxtent  26" HD-Ready LCD TV which is 16:9 and rated for up
> to 1280x1024 despite my best efforts I have been unable to get a
> working widescreen res with Xorg (updated) on Centos5
>
> The machine in question is an Optiplex GX270, I have tried the i810
> driver with the integrated intel vga without success, through my
> research I found that the particular chipset I had simply couldn't
> support widescreen (I tried this for about 4-5 hrs) I settled on
> 800x600 after exhausting all my efforts it worked, but the aspect
> ratio was off

What's the NATIVE resolution of the TV panel? Run it at that. Nothing else.
That way you'll get a 1:1 pixel representation on the screen and won't get
the blurry bits.

The manual mentioned below doesn't seemt o say what the native res is, but
does say to set your windows PC to 640x480 @ 60Hz... Which doesn't bode well.