Intel 945GM Display wont come out of suspend.

Mike Russell mikerussellnz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 01:20:05 PDT 2008

Hi

The Intel 945GM on my laptop will suspend ok but coming out of suspend the
display does not power back up (blank screen with no backlight).  Swithcing
to a console powers up the display but to just a blank screen.  Switching
back to X everything displays fine, but from then on switching to a console
just gives a black screen.

I am using the Debian package   xserver-xorg-video-intel
2:2.2.99.902-1

The previous few versions of the driver have been the same, last time I
remember suspend working was back in the 1.x intel drivers.

I have the following options in xorg.conf.

        Driver          "intel"
        Option      "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
        Option      "AccelMethod" "XAA"
        Option          "DRI"     "true"
        BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"

I can post any more information needed.