glxgears: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual ?

Ben Gamari ben at mw0.ath.cx
Tue Apr 8 10:07:07 PDT 2008

Several people have experienced the same issue. See threads
"intel-batchbuffer with DRI2" and "regression: Initialize
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmapattributes correctly" on the mesa-dev list
and "recent mesa commit" on the xorg list. Me and a few other people are
experiencing the same problem but so far the only explanation offerred
has been out of sync packages. Kristian has been notified of the problem
and is hopefully looking at it. I just filed bug #15405 to track the
issue.  Kristian, is there anything any of us could do to help?

- Ben