radeonhd vs radeon, 2400HD vs 9200SE

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 7 10:19:06 PDT 2008

Greetings Alex;

I just swapped out the new 2400HD card for the old 9200SE, rv280 based card,
and while I saw some sort of a notice go by during boot to a non-x login
screen, and startx killed the monitor for about 5 seconds, but other than
that its working MUCH better than when I took it out at least a year ago.

So at a glxgears of 650 frames, and tvtime is working without any skipped
frames, that noise you hear is me standing and giving a hand for the progress
made since I pulled it out cuz it was so slow over a year ago.  No errors
logged in the Xorg.0.log, glx and dri are both running fine.

So a big thanks to all of the crew.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)