intel SDVO TV-out

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:33:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> For those of you who have been desiring TV-out support over SDVO, I
>  pushed some code that should get us closer.  I'm trying to follow the
>  spec, but I'm not getting any output on my system.  I'm hampered by the
>  fact that the BIOS doesn't set up my card (so I don't have anything to
>  compare to), and that I've only got a lame LCD projector to output to
>  here (so if I've got bad timings, it won't give me anything different
>  from being disconnected).

[SNIP]

Is there a fund somewhere that people can donate to for things like
this?  There are always people like me who cannot offer much to a
project beyond excellent bug reports; and I feel like I could at the
very least donate some money to a fund that would provide a way for
developers to purchase peripherals to aid in development.  For me
specifically I'd be happy if the Intel devs all had 42" Plasma or LCD
screens with HDMI and Component input and 2 or 3 development stations
to test with.  I win because the devs then have similar (or similar
enough) hardware that I am trying to work with immediately available
at their fingertips.  I know if I thought you (Eric) needed a large
(37"+) LCD to encourage/assist in the development of my setup (an Asus
P5E-VM HDMI on a 42" 1080P plasma over HDMI) I'd be happy to donate a
good amount of money to get it working; and I'm sure there are
literally hundreds of others who would also be interested if they knew
about it (i.e. it was marketed well).  Even if nothing came out of the
donation(s), I'd still get the feeling of donating something since I
cannot donate my time for coding (due mostly to lack of knowledge).  I
assume of course that Xorg is non-profit and would be able to pull
something like this off...

-Chad